6.19.2003

REVIEW OF DEAD ZONE SEASON ONE DVD

I didn't really know what to expect with this show. Surprisingly, I don't know a single person that watches it, and I hadn't heard much about the show. I knew it was based on a Stephen King book, but I hadn't read it, or seen the 1983 movie starring Christopher Walken. I sat down to watch the first episode of the show before meeting some friends on a Friday night and I was completely sucked in. Nearly 5 hours later I had finished watching the first two discs and was about to start on the third when I realized it was almost 2 am; time for bed. The next day I quickly made it through the remaining episodes. Ron Lieberman (director) had some things to say in the writing featurette which I found quite true:


"...every moment you're watching it, I, as the film director, say to myself, "Am I hooked? Is it holding my interest? do I want to stay here? Am I waiting for the next moment?"
Yes Ron, I'm hooked!

To read the full review visit TV Shows on DVD.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home