6.11.2003

CRONENBERG'S SPIDER GETS AN AFRICAN RELEASE
In an article at Entertainment.iAfrica he makes mention of The Dead Zone

[Andrew Burden]
Don’t tempt me, I may hold you to that! Now you’ve written the vast majority of your films. How did it feel to have adapted someone else’s work. Did you find any similarities to your experiences on ‘The Dead Zone’?

[David Cronenberg]
It’s not really an issue. ‘The Dead Zone’ was my first movie adaptation. After that there was ‘M. Butterfly’ and ‘Naked Lunch’. Before ‘Dead Zone’ I was rigorous about writing my own movies. But even then I chose the writer on the film and contributed to the script from the director’s point of view. But I came to realise that it can be a very integrated way of working; to fuse your sensibilities with someone else’s.

Unless you’re connected to the material in a deep way it doesn’t matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home