2.20.2003

DEAD ZONE MOVIE DIRECTOR GIVES TAKE ON REMAKES

Writer-director David Cronenberg told SCI FI Wire that he's ambivalent about Artisan Entertainment's plans to produce a remake of his 1981 SF horror film Scanners. "That would be good because I might get a little bit of money from it," Cronenberg said in an interview. "But I prefer my movies not be remade."

Cronenberg added, "I had the same experience as [Stanley] Kubrick. He did The Shining and then there was The Shining miniseries. I did The Dead Zone and now there's a Dead Zone series. I don't think anybody really wants to see another version of what they've done, done."

Scanners is not the only Cronenberg film that has been considered for a remake, the director said. "It would be strange to see Scanners redone, and there's talk about redoing The Brood also. I don't know if it's Artisan for that, but there are discussions. But I'm not likely to have anything to do with [the proposed remakes]. I certainly wouldn't want to remake those myself." Cronenberg's most recent film, Spider, starring Ralph Fiennes and Miranda Richardson, is currently in theaters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home