2.04.2003

DEAD ZONE IN US WEEKLY

Anthony Michael Hall.

US Weekly pg 82 February 3 Issue


From Sixteen Candles to TVs The Dead Zone, the actor graduates from horny geek to psychic do-gooder

How Do Fans Treat You?

I get a lot of "Dude, we watched your movies in college." They tell me the rituals --drinking games and things -- that they had for movies like Weird Science. Some people reenact scenes, especially if I'm in a bar!




Was it tough to be taken seriously after being a teen star?


I want to create a body of work. That entailed lean years doing Diagnosis Murder, but it taught me to work hard.



Your Dead Zone character is a man who emerged from a coma with psychic powers. Do you believe in that phenomenon?


It's a parlor game for some--there are the Miss Cleos [sham psychics] everywhere -- but for others, it's very real. I spent time with John Edward, and it was interesting. I had a friend who commited suicide whose name came through to him.


What's the response to the plots? After all, the series is based on a Stephen King book.

I got a powerful four-page letter on an episode we did about witchcraft. It unlocked some past emotional stuff this lady had experienced. I go to work and hope people will be entertained, but this show has become something more.

What's the best feed back so far?

Apparently, Steven Speilburg enjoys the show and contacted the [production] office. I'm still waiting for that other call from him saying, "I must have that Anthony Michael Hall. Now!"

Thanks to Roberta for the tip.
I should have scans up soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home